Well hello fine friends!!
Welcome back!! Sorry for the long posting hiatus…Jennifer and I have been crazy busy these last couple weeks as classwork is piling up! And on top of that we’ve managed to just get busier with all other responsibilities!
We are excited to be back though and today I’ve got a fun and light recipe perfect for the warmer months ahead!! It was in the 80’s last weekend and I was in HEAVEN. I think I can officially declare myself a summer weather gal. My LA weather-spoiled soul was craving some sunshine after some dreary rainy months. So without further ado…here is the recipe for summery kale avocado spring rolls with some delish coconut amino dipping sauce!!
rice paper wraps
1/2 red or white onion
2 cups finely sliced and massaged kale (sprinkle sea salt and massage with fingers)
4 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp lime juice
a couple drops of sesame oil
- Boil water on stove and pour into a wide baking dish
- Prepare all spring roll fillings (thinly slice avocado, onion, and kale)
- Once the water has cooled a tad, place your first rice paper wrap in the dish and let soften (about twenty seconds)
- Place the wrap on a plate and sprinkle some sesame seeds
- Top with fillings and tightly wrap like a burrito
- Repeat until you have as many spring rolls as you’d like!
- Whisk all sauce ingredients together
- Dip those rolls and enjoy!